Monday, April 3, 2023

Review and Clean Up

I have exchanged emails with 21 different cousins from 2012 to the present. They have all been delightful  to work with. A few of them have continued to check in periodically, and a couple of them have become true close family. Many of the early questions in our email discussions have been answered. It is gratifying to see the progress we've made since the beginning. 

As I combed through over ten years of emails, I took notes and followed up on some of them with new replies. Since yesterday, I've received a large number of responses with new information.

One of them (JR) is a relative of the Powell family. He was inspired by the new information I discovered about our 3X great grandfather who fought in the Civil War, George James Powell. He dug in and, in a blast of emails today, sent back new findings of his own. We will put our heads together to add new records to our family tree. 

This research "hobby" has greatly enriched my life and my sense of place in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your helpful comments and feedback!